Over 60 years ago, The Reutlinger Community was founded as the Home for Jewish Parents in Oakland, California. Since then, The Reutlinger Community has experienced growth and enhancement that have allowed them to provide high-quality health care and social support services to seniors – all within an environment that is committed to Jewish values. Offering Assisted Living, Enhanced Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Short-Term Rehabilitation, everything seniors need and more is offered so that you can maintain your friendships, keep your family together and truly feel at home.
According to Andrea Campisi, Marketing and Admissions Director at The Reutlinger Community, the principles by which they serve seniors are simple and come down to a few key words: honor, respect, love and tradition. “At The Reutlinger Community, we know how much you value your parents and understand how difficult it can be when you want to care for them but are unable to provide the level of care they deserve,” says Andrea. “This is why we strive to care for your parents with the same dedication and love that you do. We truly spend each day caring for your loved one just as you would, while providing the support and education you need.”
Something for Everyone
The Reutlinger Community has something for everyone. From an array of living options to multiple programs and activities, no days look the same.
- A true continuum of care. With Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Short-Term Rehabilitation, The Reutlinger Community is able to meet any needs your loved one may have. This can bring you and your family peace of mind knowing that your loved one will never have to move because their needs change.
- Living options to fit needs and preferences. No matter if your loved one is independent or needs more care, there are unique living arrangements suited to their needs. Whether they desire a one-bedroom or studio apartment, private or semi-private room, each area has full-time nurses, activities coordinators and caregivers ready to help each resident thrive.
- At your service. The Reutlinger Community provides residents with three restaurant-style meals each day in one of our five dining venues with snacks and beverages available any time. Feel like going out to eat or seeing a movie? Just ask for scheduled transportation to take you where you want to go. Here, residents also never need to worry about housekeeping, laundry or maintenance. We’re here to take care of all of it for you.
- Be as busy or as relaxed as you wish. Spend the day surrounded by our beautiful gardens and hills, relax in the library with a good book or the café with your favorite drink. Participate in one of our many activities or go out on the town, the choice is yours.
- Focus on spiritual needs. The Reutlinger Community believes that caring for the spiritual and religious needs of residents is essential to increased well-being. Our on-site synagogue, Sh’ma Kolenu, provides an ideal setting for prayer, meditation and services. Attend weekly Shabbat and enjoy our holiday services with Rabbi Debora Kohn or attend various religious programs and classes.
- Express yourself. At The Reutlinger Community, our residents enjoy our art program with artist-in-residence Betty Rothaus, MFA. Teaching and exploring various art techniques, Betty helps others to enjoy learning new skills and ways to artistically express themselves through drawing and painting with acrylic, pastels, watercolor, textiles and more.
- Explore your heritage. Many residents enjoy The Reutlinger Community’s Jewish Heritage Museum, located on site with both permanent and temporary exhibits. Open Sunday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., residents can see over 100 artifacts representing a range of cultural and ceremonial objects.
To experience The Reutlinger Community for yourself, or to learn more about our continuum of care and support, contact our team today. We would love to talk with you and show you why our community stands above the rest as the Bay Area’s premiere Jewish senior living community.
Premier Senior Living, Dedicated Care
rehabilitation, The Reutlinger provides a continuum of care that allows seniors to live a life-enhancing and stimulating environment. Located in Danville, California, The Reutlinger Community’s newly renovated 110,000 square foot community combines the comfort and familiarity of home with seasoned senior care and skilled nursing specialists to suit any seniors needs, allowing them to live the life they choose with freedom and security.
Because we specialize in a continuum of care, our residents never need to worry about leaving the community they call home or wonder what will happen when they need some more care. Residents and families alike can have peace of mind knowing that there are full-time licensed nurses available along with activity coordinators, social workers, caregivers, a concierge and rabbi who focus solely on helping each resident thrive. Even better, our services and amenities are equal to those of a state-of-the-art resort. This is the lifestyle and care that your loved one deserves.
At The Reutlinger Community, seniors have numerous opportunities to engage in award-winning programs that are designed to engage the mind, renew the spirit and provide opportunities to meet new people and learn something new. Whether residents are enjoying our art program and museum, listening to a lecture or educational program or attending spiritual programming and our wide range of activities, there’s something for each resident to love. Participate as much or as little as you like, the choice is all yours.
For more information or to schedule a personal tour, contact us today.