Greetings and Happy New Year!
As we enter 2017, I am pleased to report that The Reutlinger Community has received a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) license from the State of California. Although we have always accommodated and met the needs of our residents who needed to age in place, this licensure is a formal stamp of approval on our community.
To be defined as a CCRC, a senior living community must offer independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing home care all on one campus.
I want to thank the staff for their assistance in obtaining our CCRC license. If you have any questions, please contact us.
As for 2017, I made a list of wishes for The Reutlinger and want to share it with you.
• Happy, joyful residents and staff
• Greater resident, family and employee satisfaction
• Continued 5-Star surveys in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing
• Progress expanding The Reutlinger Community presence along the 680 corridor and in Oakland and Berkeley
• A dining services program that exceeds expectations in variety, preparation, taste and service.
Most of all, I wish for respect, understanding and appreciation of our elders as they age. May their twilight years be filled with peace and joy.
Happy New Year!
Jay Zimmer, CEO