Seeing our friends, family and other loved ones can brighten our days, make life more fun and even make difficult times easier, but what happens when it’s simply not possible? During times that it’s not feasible or even safe to visit a loved one, it can be detrimental to our mental health, and our loved ones as well, causing depression and feelings of isolation. This is why it’s important to find different ways to connect with those you love.
In light of these challenging times, we’re finding more ways than ever to continue seeing our loved ones while staying safely apart. These innovative ways are helping to keep everyone happier, healthier and more hopeful. According to Andrea Campisi, Marketing and Admissions Director of The Reutlinger Community, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Danville, CA, one of the best ways to stay connected is through the use of video chat software.
“While video chat is certainly not new for a number of us, we’re finding it to be even more beneficial now, as we face restrictions on visitors, the rise of social distancing and the inability to get together in person,” she states. “Our residents have been able to video chat with their families, visit with their grandchildren and feel as though life is as continuing as close to normal as possible – all while feeling safe and cared for. This has truly been invaluable for us through these unprecedented times and has come with so many benefits – in fact, the benefits have been so widespread we are likely to continue finding new ways to implement this technology both now and in the future!”
Video chatting comes with a number of benefits and advantages, and even better, it can be used creatively to ensure an enriching experience. Consider some of the following benefits of using video chat software as well as how to use it to better connect, engage and enjoy time with your loved ones.
The Benefits of Video Chats to Connect with Senior Loved Ones
- Helping to maintain connection. Video chatting can help them to feel less lonely, more engaged and can help to improve their mood. It can also ward away symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- It can help them to feel more secure. During this time, they may feel uncertain. By being able to see family and friends, even over video chat, they can rest assured knowing their loved ones are safe, happy and well, helping them feel more secure.
- It can ensure they remain safe. When we don’t travel or see people in person, it’s harder for them to get sick on the off chance you, or someone you’ve been near, are sick. This ensures both you, your loved one and those around you remain healthy and well.
- It’s more flexible. Scheduling a time to video chat is often much easier than setting up a time to meet, traveling and finding a time that works for everyone. Simply call and ask if they are available – it’s as simple as that!
- More people can come together at once. Video chats allow people from different homes to all join in the call. Whether your best friend lives abroad or just a few minutes away, your family lives in California or your grandchildren live on the East Coast, people can all be brought together in one place at one time – right at the touch of your fingertips.
- You can get creative with how you use the software. Whether you simply talk over video chat or opt to have a watch party, family brunch or play games over video, there are plenty of ways to interact and enjoy each other’s company.
For more information about connecting with loved ones over video chat, or to learn more about our community, mission and values, please contact us at 925-272-0261.
Premier Senior Living, Dedicated Care
The Reutlinger Community’s mission is to provide high quality health care and social support services in a life-enhancing and stimulating environment with a commitment to Jewish values.
Offering Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, The Reutlinger Community provides a continuum of care that allows seniors to live in a life-enhancing and stimulating environment. Located in Danville, California, The Reutlinger Community’s renovated 110,000-square-foot community combines the comfort and familiarity of home with seasoned senior care and skilled nursing specialists to suit any seniors needs, allowing them to live the life they choose with freedom and security.
Because we specialize in a continuum of care, our residents never need to worry about leaving the community they call home or wonder what will happen when they need some more care. Residents and families alike can have peace of mind knowing that there are full-time licensed nurses available, along with activity coordinators, social workers, caregivers, a concierge and Rabbi who focus solely on helping each resident thrive. Even better, our services and amenities are equal to those of a state-of-the-art resort. This is the lifestyle and care that your loved one deserves.
At The Reutlinger Community, seniors have numerous opportunities to engage in award-winning programs that are designed to engage the mind, renew the spirit and provide opportunities to meet new people and learn something new. Whether residents are enjoying our art program and museum, listening to a lecture or educational program or attending spiritual programming and our wide range of activities, there’s something for each resident to love. Participate as much or as little as you like, the choice is all yours.
For more information, contact us today.